(Boston) – Datos Insights (formerly Aite-Novarica Group) is pleased to announce the winners of the 2023 Insurance Technology Impact Awards. Now in its twelfth year, the Insurance Technology Impact Awards program recognizes insurer IT initiatives and projects that have generated real business impact for their organizations. More than 60 technology projects were submitted for consideration in the 2023 program, and dozens of insurer technology leaders voted for the winners.
Submitted projects are summarized in single-page case studies which are reviewed and voted on by members of the Datos Insights Insurer CIO Council, a moderated knowledge-sharing community of nearly 400 insurer CIOs or CIO equivalents. The Awards are distinct in being purely peer-juried; no vendors, consultants, journalists, or members of the Datos Insights participate in the voting.
The 2023 Insurance Technology Impact Awards program recognizes 12 winners across four categories:
- Core Systems
- Life/Annuity/Benefits Winner: AAA Life Insurance Company, for automating legacy policy migration
- Large Property/Casualty Winner: West Bend Mutual Insurance Company, for modernized new business submission and underwriting
- Midsize Property/Casualty Winner: Skyward Specialty Insurance Group, Inc., for an internally-developed underwriting workbench
- Data and Analytics
- Life/Annuity/Benefits Winner: Lincoln Financial Group, for a data 360 solution enabling customer view across business lines
- Large Property/Casualty Winner: CNA, for AI-enabled new business intake automation
- Midsize Property/Casualty Winner: Mosaic Insurance, for an AI-enabled portal for instant quote and bind
- Life/Annuity/Benefits Winner: Lincoln Heritage Life, for a multi-channel e-app developed on a low-code/no-code platform
- Large Property/Casualty Winner: Erie Insurance, for a new online quote path with improved agent support
- Midsize Property/Casualty Winner: Starfish Specialty, for an embedded insurance platform to provide just-in-time coverage during loan close processes
- IT Practice
- Life/Annuity/Benefits Winner: National Life Group, for enterprise data obfuscation for test environments
- Large Property/Casualty Winner: AF Group (Ameritrust), for an enterprise cloud-first framework and cloud migration
- Midsize Property/Casualty Winner: Celina Insurance Group, for an all-enterprise customer experience practice
“The Impact Awards give us an opportunity to spotlight exemplary insurer IT efforts and showcase the ways insurers are using technology to understand risk, improve sales and customer experience, and streamline business processes,” says Harry Huberty, Head of CIO Research at Datos Insights. “This is the third straight year we have had more than 60 submissions, and the quality of projects continues to improve. The 2023 winners should feel justifiably proud to be recognized by their peers for their achievements.”
The winning insurers’ case studies will be featured in Datos Insight’s Insurance Technology Impact Award Case Study Compendium reports, published today, which collect selected case studies in each of the core, data, digital, and IT practice technology areas.
To request additional information about Datos Insights Impact Awards, please contact us at [email protected].
About the Datos Insights Insurer CIO Council:
The Datos Insights Insurer CIO Council is a free, moderated, knowledge-sharing community of nearly 400 insurer CIOs and senior executives. In addition to recognizing successful initiatives through the Impact Awards, members participate in anonymized studies and private, vendor-free knowledge exchange events. More information can be found at https://datos-insights.com/events/research-councils/insurance-technology-research-council/.
About Datos Insights
Datos Insights delivers the most comprehensive and industry-specific data and advice to the companies trusted to protect and grow the world’s assets, and to the technology and service providers who support them. Staffed by experienced industry executives, researchers, and consultants, we support the world’s most progressive banks, insurers, investment firms, and technology companies through a mix of insights and advisory subscriptions, data services, custom projects and consulting, conferences, and executive councils.