Buy-side firms are discovering an upside to interest rates rising to fight inflation – cash is making a comeback. In fact, it’s a great time for firms to optimize their cash holdings. For the past decade, the low-to-no interest rate environment caused firms to become complacent and leave cash on bank balance sheets. So, with interest rates scaling upwards, firms can achieve higher returns for their cash and currency holdings. But that will take a few steps before firms can actively manage and optimize the situation. Firms will have to discover where their cash is residing, how to pull it together, assess the risks, concentrate the cash, and then apply controls for optimization. These steps will lead to comprehensive cash management.
This webinar will explore:
- Why should buy-side firms consider changing their liquidity management strategies?
- What are the major risks in rethinking liquidity management? What are the benefits?
- Where have buy-side firms been harboring their cash?
- What are some of the technologies that can help firms find all their cash?
- How can analytics help firms execute on their new liquidity management strategies?
- How can treasurers, CFOs, and others in similar roles streamline this process?
- How will the proposed SEC rule changes to 2a7 potentially impact MMFs going forward?
- How will the UMR reforms impact cash management workflows, operations, and overall strategies?