Business Development Manager
Location: US (remote) or London (office-based with flexible working options)
Datos Insights is an insights and advisory firm providing mission-critical insights on technology, regulations, strategy, and operations to banks, insurers, payments providers, and investment firms—as well as the technology and service providers that support them.
The RBR Data Services division delivers quantitative research to the global cards, payments, banking automation and retail technology sectors. Our published research is used by leading market participants and their suppliers as the authoritative source of industry and competitor benchmark data.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join our growing Sales team and focus primarily on generating new business for RBR Data Services. This role requires a substantial amount of new client acquisition (“hunter”) enthusiasm and includes cross-selling published research and subscription services and growing relationships with new clients. You will prospect, cultivate and win new opportunities within your target accounts. You will also manage the onboarding and delivery for clients you bring on, providing proactive support across their relationship period with a focus on repeat sales and generating new streams of revenue with those clients.
The ideal candidate has a zeal for finding growth! Strong sales process habits, intellectual curiosity and joy in balancing autonomy and group work are all great predictors of success at Datos.
Interested and qualified? Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Desired experience and capabilities include:
- 3-5 years of B2B business development and client service experience
- The ability to engage C-level and senior leadership within client organisations
- A track record of overachievement on goals or quotas
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and strong organisational skills
- English fluency, a bachelor’s degree and a willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Experience in the financial services industry and selling a subscription-based model are a plus, but not required
- Build a deep knowledge of RBR’s service offerings
- Prospect potential new clients and run sales cycles to generate new subscription and research revenues
- Investigate and understand the business objectives of potential clients in order to develop and demonstrate a solution tailored to their needs
- Effectively present the value of RBR’s products and services to potential clients
- Achieve the assigned quota by selling research services and consulting projects
- Develop a realistic revenue forecast in coordination with your manager
- Track activities and report on progress in Salesforce.com
- Own and direct the onboarding experience for each new account, familiarizing them with our product offerings
Datos is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to offering a rewarding professional environment. The compensation package includes a base salary, commission and a pension (UK) or 401k (US).